Apple’s Home app lets you create beautiful scenes to control multiple accessories at the same time. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to create scenes in the Home app and automate actions such as “Hello” and “Good night” with voice commands.
With the Scenes feature in the Home app, you can automatically lock the front door when you leave and unlock it when you arrive. Personally, I really like this scene as I use it a lot in the office as it allows me to leave the editing room without leaving the door open.
To set up a scene in the Home app, you need an iPhone and a smart home hub such as HomePod or HomePod Mini, Apple TV (4th generation or later), or iPad.
How to set up a scene in the Home app
Once you’ve added your Homekit accessory to the Home app, you’re ready to start creating your scene. Follow these steps to create a scene on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Home app and tap button Add to (+) and select Add a scene
- Choose from suggested scenarios or create custom scenarios.The most important thing here is to remember the name of the scene when dictating voice commands to Siri
- press Add accessories
- Select the accessory you want to add, then tap OK. Remember to add only the accessories you want to control together
- To adjust accessory settings on an iOS or iPadOS device, Press above
- To preview the scene, tap test this scenario. to activate options add to favorites Access scenes from Control Center, Home tab, and Apple Watch
- press OK.
Creating a scene is easy, but you need to define what you want to do / © kwgeek
All that’s left is to press the newly created scene to activate it, or to dictate a voice command to Siri. You can also automate scenes if you set up your HomePod or Apple TV (4th generation or later) as your home hub.If you want to add or remove props from a scene on your iPhone or iPad, just touch and hold the scene, then tap set up.