On fitness trackers or smartwatches, vibrations will notify you of notifications. If you have a Xiaomi model, you can even create your own vibration pattern. In this tutorial, kwgeek will show you how to create your own vibration pattern in the Mi Fitness app on the Mi Band 7.
Our tutorial today is about a cool feature Xiaomi added to its fitness trackers. This is the vibration, which is usually not very clear depending on the type of incoming message. Incoming calls on a smartphone are definitely noticeably different from the vibrations for incoming calls, but otherwise, the patterns are very similar.
This means you often have to check your wrist every time to know if a notification is a WhatsApp message, SMS or appointment reminder. But at Xiaomi, you can decide for yourself how your smartband should vibrate!Here’s how it works
Mi Smart Band 7: how to create your own vibration pattern
Quickly set your own vibration pattern in device settings / © kwgeek
- In the Xiaomi Fitness app, tap equipment under the bar
- scroll down and click vibration
- From the menu, select the category for which you want to change the vibration
- Then you can select the option standard Where custom
- If you have not defined your own template, press red add button downstairs
- Click on the connected bracelet shown there to save the model you want
- press read Check the vibration on your fitness tracker, or press register right to re-recording
- If all goes well, tap the tick in the top right corner to confirm the new vibration mode
Then you’re done and set up your own vibration pattern for the desired function. This new template is now available to you, so you can choose it for other categories. This vibration function is already available on the Mi Band 6, although I only discovered it now. So check out compatible Xiaomi, Redmi and Poco smartwatches and fitness trackers, it might work for them too.
What do you think? Is this a welcome change from the monotony of vibrations, or does such a feature seem too gimmicky to you? Please let me know in the comments.